I’m talking quality, not quantity nor metrics, important though these things are. Here’s 5 reasons why you may need a content quality audit…
- To remain relevant to your market – It’s easy to get into a rut of marketing tactics, without realising that times are changing. Sometimes you need to take a step back and do a quality check to stay ahead through your content.
- It uncovers opportunities for repurposing content – Everyday actions are necessary but how well aligned are they? There are always better ways to use content you already have across platforms or formats, making more from your resources and extending your reach.
- You need to create better engagement with your target audience around the issues they care about – You need to look at what matters to them, ahead of what matters to you and develop high-quality content to get them on your side.
- A look to quality streamlines your content creation process. It gives you insights into what resonates, empowering your team to focus on the most high-impact, meaningful content.
- Finally, a content quality audit is essential for improving your brand’s consistency of voice. Consistency is essential for making sure your messaging stays consistent, fostering trust and recognition among your audience.
The business world is not short of content, but high-quality content remains as elusive as ever.
Merriborn Media is a business dedicated to developing clever content, engaged online communities and effective collaborative working and learning for clients. Both Merriborn Media and its founder Trevor Merriden were ranked in the Top 3 of social learning evangelists for 2016 in a recent major study.